Monday 10 May 2010

Meatballs!

Sam had mentioned that he liked eating meatballs when they appear on the menu at school - I decided we could probably make a tastier, and less unhealthy version at home. Dad was right....


Using the fabulous After School Meal Planner book by Annabel Karmel, we used her recipe for turkey meatballs, but substituted minced beef from the butcher instead of the turkey.


I hope Sam will be able to navigate his way round the kitchen by the time he leaves home. It will be a useful tool for survival if nothing else, plus he'll be an even bigger hit with The Laydeez if he can feed them as well as flirt with them. And I'll need someone to cook my Sunday dinners when I retire.


Back to the meatballs, and this is a great meal for a youngster to help with. You can get a little messy when you mix your meatball ingredients together, making the balls and popping them into the pan is fun, and they cook quickly so there's not a lot of waiting round.


Meatballs mastered!




1 comment:

Z said...

Both my sons and my son-in-law are good cooks. It's surprising how many young people aren't, of both sexes.