Saturday 26 June 2010

I Can Drive A Tractor....




We've been lucky enough to have agreed with a really great bloke to share his garden, as a kind of mutual allotment. Sam enjoyed our "proper" allotment and now he's a couple of years older I hope he'll get as much out of this one too. I'm starting to map the ground out and get it in shape, and we're going to have a shot at some crops this year, although we're way behind the drag curve.


Exceptionally, our mate Roy has a ride-on tractor mower which he said Sam could drive round if he wanted to. Show me a seven year old boy who wouldn't want to drive a real tractor! Plus Roy gets his grass cut, so everyone's a winner. Sam was slightly hesitant at first, but soon settled down to enjoy his first real, petrol-powered drive. I have a feeling that Roy's lawn will be one of the neatest in town!



No comments: